11.21.2012

Fair Trade Shopping

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! 
We are, of course, sad that we can't be in the States for all of today's festivities with our families, but also very excited because we were invited to a big Thanksgiving meal tonight! 
I'm anxious to eat tons of turkey! I don't care how sleepy it makes me! ;)

Since Friday is Black Friday and everyone will be starting on their Christmas shopping I decided to share with you one of my favorite shops! Green Heart Shop! 
www.Greenheartshop.org
Sweat Shop Free Astoria Crimson Lave dress $68.95

Green Heart is an awesome store that believes "consumers have the power to affect positive World change by supporting sustainable and fair business practices in their purchasing choices. Greenheart is Chicago’s premier eco-fair trade non-profit shop, carrying eco fair trade products made by artisans from around the world. The purchase of these products improves the lives of real people and the products are made by establishments that take care of our Earth." 

I love this! This is totally my heart! I believe we should be educated about the things we are buying and where they are coming from. I want to support businesses that empower people, not oppress them. 
If your interested in a list of the places I won't shop and brands I won't buy, email me!
Check out some of my favorites! 
Clear glass crackle ornament $14.95
recycled wine bottle soy candles $25.95
Hand Painted Ornaments $12.95
Green Spiral Ombliguero Vase $64.95
Large Cruelty Free Leather Barrel Bag $229.95
Only 1 available!! 
Fair Trade Theo Chocolate Wine pairing Kit $23.95
The Sound of Silence Cards $14.95
Kiko Glass Frames starting at $19.95
Ivory Organic Cotton Zen Cardigan $72.95
Gold Chevron Necklace $24.95
Mavia Earrings $19.95
Petunia Necklace $46.00
Cove Neck Warmer $49.95
Moustache Eco Cork Coasters $12.95
Recycled Vinyl LP Clock $45.95
Hand Painted Pots $16.95
Recycled oil drum wall art from Haiti $89.95
Hand Carved Sign $17.95

And Free shipping from now until December 14th! 
Also, sign up for their emails for frequent discounts! 

**I was not paid or asked to write this post! I just LOVE this store!**

Happy Shopping!

4 comments :

ramsaygrace said...

Such cute items-I can definitely see why it's your favorite! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

me said...

Hi, I found you through the hop - what a cool blog you have! Following. :)

Helene said...

I love this post!!! What an awesome idea, tha Kia for sharing and can't wait to go shopping! Happy thanksgiving!

Rachel said...

Thanks for posting about this organization! I also feel very passionate about buying free trade, but I hadn't heard of these guys before! I'll have to keep them in mind!

Pin It button on image hover